BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Does Music really make a difference???




Working out can get boring if you follow the same routine day in and day out.  I'm learning from my trainer that it is important to change the way you workout each day.   On the days I'm on my own, I am trying to focus on cardio which means I'm by myself on the bike, treadmill, or precor machine.   I have found that listening to music while I exercise really helps my energy level.  The gym always has music playing, but I like it  better if I bring my MP3, it really helps me.   You can have fun with it --- (well as much fun as possible at the gym)  For example tonight:  I made a game out of it.  (I know -- my nerdiness is showing)  I created a workout play list before arriving at the gym.  I picked out different songs that I love and were different in speed, sound and tempo.  As the songs would change their speed I would increase my speed.  If the songs were slower I would increase my incline and so forth.  EXCEPT on the precor -- I do good just to stay on for my allotted time.  :)  

 It was a good workout and I was beat by the end of it - however, being able to listen to MY song selection made it better...  I had a combination of songs, all on my personal MP3 play list, my workout play list tonight was as follows: 

  • Super Hero (Snazzy)


    • From Lolo's songs - I just happen to LOVE this song.


  • Hurt So Good (John Mellencamp)


    • A girl never grows out of John Mellencamp.


  • Her Man (Gary Allen)


    • I LOVE HIS VOICE!!!!! 


  • Screen Door (Rich Mullins)


    • Old School Rich Mullins - doesn't get any better than Rich!


  • I love Rock n Roll (Joan Jett)


    • Sorry -- I'm still an 80's girl!!!!  This song will never die.


  • Lifesong (Casting Crowns)


    • All time favorite group ever.


  • Walk By Faith (Jeremy Camp)


    • Has a great beat and in fact - didn't know if I would make it through this song.


  • Our Song (Taylor Swift)


    • My favorite Taylor song. 


  • You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi)


    • There is just something about Bon Jovi.


  • What if His People Prayed (Casting Crowns)


    • LOVE this song and the meaning behind the words.


  • The Name of the Lord (Karen Peck & New River)


    • If you don't know who Karen Peck is -- I'm so sad for you; some of my favorite songs are by Karen.  TRUE songstress!


  • Praise You In This Storm (Casting Crowns)


    • My theme song!!!!


  • Never Gonna - Steal My Joy (Mandisa)


    • Whew -- awesome song with awesome beat.

I really was surprised to see how quickly my workout went.  From my workout I got in the sauna and the music was much different.  It was very soothing and relaxing.   Music has been used to relax the body, like while trying to fall asleep or doing yoga for years. I think I will start using it to my advantage in the gym. 

The next step will be to replace my play list with all Christian songs.  I mean how much more will I get out of my workout if I have words about my Savior playing in my ear. 


**Word to wise, don't forget you are in the gym and there are others around you while you are working out.  I found myself on several songs singing out loud - embarrassing!!!!!  With labor breathing in between -- not a pretty sound!**

That is really all I have for tonight! 

Until tomorrow!



1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

My nephew travels with Gary Allen, in charge of him marketing. So, anytime Gary is near any of our family, we get in free and get back stage and motor coach privileges. How's that for name dropping? :-)