BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

moments...


I worked from home today so that I could take care of a few loose ends after Todd's fun afternoon on Friday.   I started saying at 9 that I should go to the gym and get my workout done so that I would have the rest of the day/evening to take care of other responsibilities.  I really had this I DO NOT WANT TO attitude today about working out.  It was NOT something that was a priority nor a want to.  Around 2, I finally made myself get up and go.  I'm so glad I did. 

I had a good workout and was able to use the the sauna for 30 minutes.  I am really thinking that those 30 minutes in the sauna will become therapy for me.  My time to release.  I am able to just be ~ no one watching, talking to me or listening to me!  Me, Myself, and I.  Today, I invited Jesus to join me.  I had an intense conversation with Him.  We talked about everything from my role in the church, my marriage, my journey to become a ROCK star, as well as situations going on in the lives of those that I love.  I am learning that those 30 minutes are going to become an important time in my journey.

One thing that we were able to get taken care of today was Todd's doctor's appointment.  It was originally scheduled for Jan. 20th.  With the events of the last few days, we were able to get it moved to tomorrow.  So thankful for that change.    I am eager to hear what the doctor has to say as well as to see what, if any, changes will be made to Todd's medications.  With any medication changes, we have to be ready for a wild couple of weeks.  I'm ready to dance!

I will be missing weigh-in tomorrow with Sally.  However, I do plan to be in the gym in the morning before we leave for Dallas.  I will make sure that I weigh in, as to not lose that Tuesday accountability.  The weight is usually no more than a pound off so...  stay tuned on that!

My challenge to myself during this very crazy week is...  to PRAISE, SEEK, WORSHIP, TRUST, and THANK thank my LORD for each and every moment that he gives me.

Until tomorrow...



1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Alone, in the "heat" with Jesus. As my Don says, "That will preach."
You and Jesus are both going to love your time together, alone.