BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Prayer... American's HOPE



I will start by saying I have a very heavy heart tonight.  First Baptist Church of Gun Barrel hosted a Ladies Prayer meeting tonight.  It was a very touching, and heart felt meeting.  There were special prayers said for our soldiers, families of soldiers, missionaries, and our nation and her leaders.  It was a very sobering look at the tragic shape America is in.  I am so thankful that we live in a country where I can attend a church and pray open and free.  I thank the soldiers that keep that as a freedom of choice for me.  We watched a video of this song tonight at the meeting, I found it so fitting for where we are today in our Nation.  Please take a minute to view!   

Click me ----->    In God we still TRUST

I believe the ONLY hope America has is prayer. It certainly isn't the  leaders who are currently in Washington.  I challenge you pray for America and the decisions being made; pray for our leaders- pray that they will find God and make decisions based on what our nation was founded under . . . GOD! 

 

Tonight's workout was GREAT;  I was on my own and for the first time; I really believe I pushed myself as I would have with Stephanie (it helped that she was in gym training someone else).  I worked mainly cardio on treadmill, bike, precor.   Todd and I did the circuit machines together and I did all 15 reps on my normal weight and then bumped it up and did 5 sets with the heavier weights.  I am so happy with the way my gym experience is going.  It is still hard to push when the pain hits; but I know I will be better for it in the end. 

Tomorrow is weigh in and I can NOT wait to get on that scale.  I'm a little nervous, as the diet has not been as on target as I would have liked, due to the excitement of last week.  I can not go backwards, so forward here I come. 

So for tonight Mr. Blog, thank you for letting me share my views on our nation.  I do believe that praying and caring for my nation is part of being a ROCK star. 

ta ta for now... Until tomorrow!




1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Amen! Amen! and Amen! I am thrilled that your church is meeting to pray for our nation. Sometimes I wonder why we are so concerned about there being no prayer in school when we don't even pray the God-sized prayers in our churches. God bless you and keep up the good work!