BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christianity... The new designer label????




I'm not real sure where this blog will end up tonight.   As I have stated before Todd and I teach the college and career class.  After we completed our regular lesson, we were all just talking about this or that.  We have a young lady in our class that was raised in Haiti.  She is such a joy and just one of my favorite people, I learn from her!  Her faith is amazing!  She is in nursing school.  She brought up how different America vs' Haiti is.  She stated that in Haiti - you didn't have to guess about someones salvation.  If someone said they were a Christian -- they were.  She is having a hard time understanding how someone who goes to church and says all the right things, can act the way they do.   She talked about how she has been ask to go places she knew she wasn't suppose to go and to do things she knew would not please God.  It was so nice to be able to sit back and listen to these young men and ladies talk through this discussion.   Another student made this comment.  (at the age of 21 such wisdom) "It is kind of like having a designer bag, everyone wants it."  she continued, "but, not because they believe they need it, they want it for show."  At that moment I thought to myself, I wish I had that "heart" knowledge at the age of 21.    Our discussion continued and the open hearts they shared with this young lady was just (for lack of better words) cool.   I am so proud of the growth in these young men and women that God has entrusted to us.  So many people proclaim to believe in Christ or to be a Christian, but they lack the desire to please and walk in His light.  I guess the scripture that says it best is... 

I love the way she used the analogy of the designer handbag.   You can not always tell the difference between a real handbag or a fake. 

  

It could be said the same for a Christian; however, the bible tells us you can tell by a persons fruit.

Matthew 7:16-20 (King James Version) 
  • 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
  • 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
  • 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
  • 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
  • 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
I praise Him for allowing us to be a part of His ministry.  From my Sunday school class to Girl Power - I am so excited to see where God is leading me.  I know my heart is to carry out the Master's business.  My journey to become a Rock Star is ALL about that.  

If you do not know this Master, I speak about - - I am ready to introduce HIM to you! 

Mr. Blog - that is all I have for tonight.  Until tomorrow!!!






1 comments:

Tonya Smith said...

My fav blog EVER!!!! So very good! I love it & I love you....