BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life is a JOURNAL...



How true are those words...  Life is NOT a written book you can pick up and read.  It is a journal waiting for you to fill it's pages.   I love that - IT IS MY LIFE; which means I have to make all of the decisions, and fill the pages.  Do you understand what that means?  That means I am the ONLY one who determines what those pages are filled with.  God has given everyone free will.  I am the one who determines how my life will be lived.  I am so lucky that I have chosen this path; I can't imagine living my life any other way.  With each given day, God gives me peace.  I can finally say, I love dancing in the rain!  Praise God for the storms I have been through, what pages I can write in my journal.  During those times, I have been able to fill my journal with LIFE.  It is such an amazing feeling to be able to after years of running in fast forward, I am able to SLOW down and enjoy LIFE.  Not that the schedule, responsibilities, or deadlines have slowed down - I have!!!  I have learned to prioritize and finally put what is most important FIRST!!!!  I know that it is okay to take chances.  It is okay to try new things and one of the most important LIFE lessons I have learned -- There are ONLY 2 opinions that matter in this world; that would be mine and God's.  At the end of the day - does mine really matter? 



I am just amazed at where I am today;  Psalms 37:4 says "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."  I have finally learned that this does not mean that God is like this heavenly Santa that will give me everything on my list.   What this means is when I align my desires with God's, I become content with what I have and the life I am living.     What a great place to be!  It has taken a while to get to this place, and I never want to go backwards.  Life is not perfect and it never will be; however, this is the life God has given me and I'm blessed beyond words!



Onto the journey at hand.   Rock star status here I come!!!  Had a session with Stephanie tonight.  We did many of the same things as last night in Body Pump.  Before we finished, my lower back or sciatic nerve about did me in tonight.  Not real sure what I did that cause this but.... OUCH !  !  !  Stephanie stretched me out really good and that helped a great deal!  I am also going to start using the sauna after our sessions.  She recommended this and felt like it would be good for muscles, as well as weight loss.  Finished our session on the stationary bike as the treadmill was not back friendly.    I jumped in the shower at the gym because I had fun plans scheduled after workout.

This was my "girls night" with 2 of my favorite people.  It is so funny how you never realize how much you have missed something / someone UNTIL God brings them back to you.   It still amazes how you can be out of touch with someone for let's just say MANY MANY years, and once you reconnect, it seems like yesterday.  Isn't that just how God is - - he puts the people in our life at just the right moment.  I do regret that I have missed so many years not having these 2 ladies in my life.  I will not let that happen again!  I had grilled Tilapia and it was very good.  The food was good but the conversation and LAUGHS out shined it all!


What a GREAT day God has given me.

One more picture before I go.  I thought it was time to change the hairstyle up a little -- I like it!!!! 




tata for now, Mr. Blog -- until tomorrow!

1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I LOVE reading your blog... so encouraging, so uplifting. What a wonderful walk in His Spirit God has given you, and it's because of your choices to align yourself with the will of God. I so love how you explained that verse and I may just "borrow" it.
I have no doubt that every morning when your feet hit the floor, satan says, "Dang! She's up!!" Praise God!!
So glad you've reconnected with friends. Don and I find that to be true of people we meet for the first time in this ministry... often we feel like we've known them all our lives so we call them "old friends we just met."
Keep singing, you Rockstar!!! I love your song.