BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful....

I am so thankful to those of you that are reading this silly blog. I started it on a whim at the suggestion from a good friend. (Thanks Tonya)  I am not sure where or how but it has become a very important part of my journey.  

 
With Thanksgiving Day being tomorrow, I thought it was ONLY appropriate to focus on the things in my life that I am truly thankful for.  There are so many and I know I will miss many.  If you are not mentioned here -- PLEASE DO NOT THINK YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!  It would take me all night to list everyone I love and am thankful for.  

Here it goes:

  • My Salvation:  Knowing that Jesus would have gone to the cross even if I was the ONLY one to receive his gift -- that is powerful my friends - pure power!
  • My Parents:  There isn't much to say except, I have the most amazing parents.  Thank you for always being there NO MATTER WHAT.  They always tried to place within me the knowledge that I could do anything and everything I set my mind to;  Most important, they always made me look at decisions in a way that I learned that the right decisions is not always the popular choice. 
  • My Husband:  Even with the illness and last few years; I would NOT trade a single moment of our life together.   I know that God will continue to work within our lives if we allow Him the opportunity. 
  • My Children:  Randy and Logan.  I can not imagine my life without you. 
    • From the moment I met Randy, with his snaggletooth grin, I knew I would be wrapped around his finger.  I am so proud of the man he has become.  He has brought into my life such love and happiness. Not to mention the most amazing grand baby, Aydin, and such a special daughter, Risa.
    • Awe and my special little guy Logan.  From the second I first laid eyes on him, I was in love!  Logan was placed in my arms within a minute of being born, I remember the tears flowing as I saw him for the first time.  I have never met anyone with such personality and charm.  I can not wait to watch him grow up into a strong man of God.
  • My Church Family:  Through the illness of Todd and the birth of Logan,  this special family has been there from the beginning and continue to be there each step. 
  • My Trainer:  Stephanie has become a very important part of my life/journey.  She understands when I get to that point of ... I can't do that today - - but doesn't let me STOP!  She just changes her direction!  It is so funny how someone can become this important in your life in just over a month.
  • My Friends:  When I think of how blessed I am with TRUE friends, I am sometimes overwhelmed.  I have so many good friends that I could write about you all.  Although, I would like to mention everyone, I've decided to just give a few hints to those that are especially on my heart tonight...   
    • 1) You can still trade your boots in!   I can't keep up - but girl I love you!
    • 2)  BLAH BLAH BLAH   I would be lost without you in my life!
    • 3) Chica, sisters forever!   soul mates!
    • 4) HS friends for life;  The dinners and time we have recently spent together have been so much fun; but most important, you have touched my heart --
I have so many other things to be thankful for... but I wanted to touch on those people that are on my heart;  God has truly given me a beautiful life and I do not take it for granted! 

Even if you were not mentioned tonight, please know how thankful I am for you!!!  All my love this Thanksgiving.  I found this poem and wanted to share it with all of you! 


I’m Thankful for You




Thanksgiving is the appointed time


for focusing on the good in our lives.


In each of our days,


we can find small blessings,


but too often we overlook them,


choosing instead to spend our time


paying attention to problems.


We give our energy


to those who cause us trouble


instead of those who bring peace.


Starting now,


let’s be on the lookout


for the bits of pleasure in each hour,


and appreciate the people who


bring love and light to everyone


who is blessed to know them.


You are one of those people.


On Thanksgiving,


I’m thankful for you.


Happy Thanksgiving!

By Joanna Fuchs
 
 
I would like to ask a special prayer request for tomorrow:  so much food -- why do all holidays have to be centered around FOOD?  I am going to my grandmothers tomorrow and I want to make GOOD choices,   I pray right now,  for courage and strength tomorrow to make the "right" choices for my food intake.    In Jesus name...  Amen
 
Mr. Blog that is all I have for tonight - - HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!
 
Until tomorrow!

1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

From reading your Thanksgiving post, I believe God answered your prayer and you made good choices. Very proud of you.