BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

WILLPOWER




Today was a TRUE test of my willpower.

My journey to become a ROCKstar was harder today than in the past.  It was the first true test of Willpower.  We had the Sunday School Chili-cook off today at The Cyzmer's (2 of my favorite people ever).  I made sure I ate a good lunch before leaving because I knew this would be a test of temptation and WILLPOWER!  It was not hard to say NO to the Chili; however, the famous Stevie Apple Pie and home-made ice cream was very hard!!!  With that being said -- I SAID NO THANK YOU!  I was there from 1:30 to 5:30 and the ONLY thing I chose to eat or drink was WATER!  Yea me!  You know what, I survived!  I said NO and it really didn't bother me to watch everyone else eating the same thing that 30 days ago I would have beat them to the table to eat.  The cook-off was so fun and seeing all the different themes that the teams came up with was awesome.   A few of my favorite are below:


It's Chili in the great outdoors!!!



World Serious Chili



Rock N Roll Chili

I did not make it to the gym today (I feel guilty) ~ I will be back there on Monday, ready for a fast and furious workout before weigh-in on Tuesday.   I am a little worried about this weigh-in because of the excitement of Aydin (did I mention I'm a Gogo now).  I did not eat as much or when I am suppose to.  I have not fueled my metabolism as needed when working out.  Oh well -- guess we will find out on Tuesday. 



I would like to mention that the Undefeated Ninjas won their game again today!  They also received their trophy's for this season.  This was a GREAT season and we were blessed with awesome coaches, kids and parents this season.  I hope we can keep this team together over the next few years.  They are really learning to work together as a TEAM and have showed great teamwork this year.   I'm sad to see the season end.  One more game and then we wait until the Spring Season.  Ninjas #1 -- we are so PROUD of you all!


I guess that is all I have for tonight Mr. Blog.  I am proud of being able to stand firm and say NO to the things that I know, for now, are not good for me.  It is amazing how God has a way of showing us that we are stronger than we think we are. 



tata for now.... Until tomorrow!




2 comments:

Tonya Smith said...

I am so proud of you Stacie!!!! I did not pass the willpower test today, as I did eat the pie & ice cream.... I will pay for it thursday tho.... Again, kuddos!!! Love ya!

LaVon Baker said...

Very proud of you. You inspire me. We feel so much better when we listen to the Holy Spirit within us. May God continue to stengthen you as you re-program your brain and body... healthy, healthy. healthy. You go, GoGo!!