BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Through The Storms of Life...



What a day!  I left for work this morning and just knew today was going to be a great day.  I talked to Todd on my way home from delivering checks around 2:15, he was so excited he got his new "toy".  He had ordered some leaf blower, mulch thingy a few weeks ago and it was delivered today.  He was going to work in the yard and that was the last time I talked to him.  As I walked back into the office around 3:00, I received a phone call from my dad, who had received a phone call from my next door neighbor.  This is where the story really begins.  Our wonderful neighbors Johnnie and Don heard Suzy (their precious dog) barking and came outside to see why she was barking.  Don found Todd in the front yard seizing.  He called 911.  As soon I finished talking to my dad, I grabbed my keys and left for the Emergency Room.  Logan was due to be off of the bus any minute.  Todd is always home for him.  Johnnie said she would get Logan and take care of him until we could get him.  Thank God for parents, mom also left work and was home in time to get Logan off of the bus. 




My immediate thought... Here we go again!  I am not strong enough to go through this again! I can NOT do this again.  Look at all of those "I's"... I can't...  I'm not...  I was right -- I can NOT go through this again in my own strength. But I do have a strength that comes from a greater power. That is the power of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

I didn't know the extent of Todd's injury until I got to ER -- He looked terrible, the entire side of his face was swollen, cut and already bruised.  He was, Praise God, alert.  After the CT scan, and a few x-rays, there were no lasting injuries.  Just a very sore face and one heck of a black eye. 




I would also admit to a complete lack of understanding as to why.  Why now?  Why again?  Why Why Why...  Then I remembered STORMS Stacie -- Storms.  Dance Dance Dance!  During the times when you and I can't trace God's hand of purpose, we must trust His heart of love.  So, this is what I am going to do.  I am going to DANCE!  Does that mean tonight was a good night; not by a long shot!  Does this mean that God has let me down?  not by a long shot!  Does this mean I'm scared that we are about to walk through another one of life's storms?  Not by a long shot!  THIS MEANS THAT WE ARE GOING TO DANCE THROUGH THIS STORM. 


The ER doctor told us that Todd's medication levels were off and that his body is absorbing the medicine differently.    We already have an appt scheduled with his neurologist for January.  We are going to try and move it up.  The ER doc suggested taking his meds a little different and we hope that this will help until we can get in to see Dr. VanNess. 


Needless to say - I did not make it to the gym tonight but did have a wonderful dinner thanks to two of our best friends, Danny and Tonya - we love you more than we could ever express!  Thank you for taking care of us.   


Tomorrow is going to be a remarkable day.  Logan's last soccer game and the beginning of "Girl Power", the new bible study that I have wanted to start for over a year.  I can not wait to see how many attend and watch God work within all of us.   Thank you Jesus for pulling it all together for me!





ta ta for now!!!


Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Tonya Smith said...

"During the times when you and I can't trace God's hand of purpose, we must trust His heart of love."

I love it!!!! I love it!!!! I love it!!!!

You are welcome & anytime... that's what friends are for! Through good times & bad.... I'll be on your side for ever more. That's what friends are for!

We wouldn't have it anyother way & I am so glad that God blessed us with ability to be there for yall tonight. I you need anything at all, we are just a call away.

I know I say it all the time, but
I LOVE YA, GIRL!

LaVon Baker said...

You have already passed this last test, Stacie. Why? Because you have studied for it. You have been in the Word, your heart's desire is to be in the center of God's will, and you know that tests come in this life. You were prepared. That's why you so quickly remembered to "dance in the rain." You were prepared for this test because you have been studying, just like any other exam you might take in school: you study, you do well; you don't study, you fail. What a beautiful testimony you are of God's faithfulness when we "study" and seek Him. He is the One who builds our faith and makes us ready for the "tests."
Praying for Todd... and you.