BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!





What a great day!  It is so great to be able to spend time with your family.  I have never seen so much food - it seems like every year the tables are stuffed with more than the year before.  INSANE! In my family there are so many things that my grandmother makes that are NECESSARY during the holidays.  The first being her Mac n Cheese.  It is the one dish that you know without fail will be on the table Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Every grand child, young and old heads to the mac n cheese  first.  The other item that is famous at my grandma's house is BROWNIES!  I mean it is really sad when people will HIDE them before we even eat to make sure they get one.  A few years ago, as grandma was watering her plants a few days after a big family get together she found a brownie in a baggie at the bottom of her flowers on the porch.  All of this to say, today was no different.  You guessed it, both were on the table today!  I am very proud of myself.  I did eat just a small portion of mac n cheese (man I wanted more) and I did NOT eat a brownie or anything off of the 3 tables of sweets.  I feel that I made really smart choices.  There was no ham on my plate, just turkey.  A small helping of dressing and NO Gravy.   Side dishes were the mac n cheese, green bean casserole and broc and cheese.  There were so many more choices.  I was fine until we got home tonight and I got hungry and thought about all the things I passed up.  I want a brownie and mac n cheese right now as I type to you.  :(

Enough of that "food" talk.  I have many friends that will be leaving soon for "black Friday".  Personally, I think they have LOST their minds.  I have gone a few times and swear to never do it again.  Tomorrow we plan to have a nice quite family day at home with just the three of us.  I feel like we never get to spend time as a family.  We are always on the go or someone is here with us.  We love our friends and family; however, sometimes it is nice to just be home, just us.  I am looking forward to getting our Christmas decorations out and putting the tree / lights up.  I do plan to get up and go to the gym early in the morning. (have to work off that mac n cheese, right?)

I would like to close the blog with this one thought...  We all have so MUCH to be thankful for, why do we wait until Thanksgiving to remember what is good in our lives.  I would like to challenge you to remember each day what all you have to be thankful for.  You might be surprised how much better you feel by just making this one change! 




Remember to also be thankful for the
little things as well...
 
For example:

        • The way it smells after a rain.  I LOVE it!
        • The little giggle Logan has when he thinks no one is watching. 
        • The way a clean house smells / looks. (don't see this much) 
**there are so many things to be thankful for...
just don't take them for granted**

Mr. Blog - that is all I have for tonight.
Until tomorrow...

1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I am thankful for you, Stacie, and your living testimony of our Savior's love.