BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Right here...Right now...





This was a very sad day for me.  I briefly mentioned the economy and a very bad day I had a few days ago.  Well, today it came to pass.  I had to let someone in my office go due to a layoff.  This person has been with me almost 4 years and was a solid performer EVERY day.  She is also an amazing person and someone I respect a great deal.  It was very hard to see her leave today.  I HATE THIS ECONOMY!!! My heart is just breaking for the people that have lost their jobs, homes and so forth... 

Not only did today stink due to losing a valued team member, another team member in my office received very bad news that her mother had tried to kill herself this morning.  Thoughts just start to race as to how someone can be so down that this would become an option!  Kendra has fought over and over to try and get her mother help.  Please pray that this will be the time that something finally happens in this situation to help this family move past this event.  It is my prayer that everyone involved in this situation will stop and realize the ONLY hope to move away from this cycle is JESUS!!!

I had a GREAT workout tonight.  I weigh in tomorrow, so I hope it was enough to remove the damage I did on Saturday with my Italian feast.  :)   I'm excited about weighing in - to compare the inches lost to the weight.  I also sat in the sauna for 25 minutes tonight and it was awesome!  I am enjoying the sauna more and more each time I'm in it.  I will meet with Steph tomorrow night.  As usual, I'm sure I will think I am dieing; however, she continues to tell me I will live. 



I am learning to take each day one day at a time.   To be in the NOW -- so for the next few months I plan to remind myself to stay right here - right now...  I know where I want to be in 6 months - 9 months and even a year; but...  I can't focus on that all the time.  I have to focus on short term goals - so for now -- my goal by Jan 12th, 2010 (which will be my 90th day of this blog) is to be down 40 pounds!  That is where my focus is going to stay right here - right now!!! 



That is it for tonight!!!  Until tomorrow...

0 comments: