BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I WOULDN'T TAKE NOTHING FOR MY JOURNEY NOW!



I am not sure how long this blog will be.  It has been a very long weekend but as I stated yesterday - I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Today was friends and family day at church and we had special musical guest, The Latimers.  Not only can they touch my heart with music, I could sit and talk with them all day.  They have a passion for our Lord and life.  They actually reminded me of something said yesterday during our Girl Power meeting.  We played a game in which we had to describe yourself with one word.  My friend, Mistie, had the perfect answer.  She simply said... LIVING.  How many people can actually say they are living?  Her words from yesterday and the music from today has filled my heart.  One of my favorite songs sang today was "I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now".  I believe that could be my theme song.  I wouldn't trade this life for any other.  There are days, of course, when you want to throw your hands up and give into the world.  If I were to do that, I would not be able to describe myself as LIVING.  Without the Lord, you are NOT living.  Another song that I heard today was ...  I saw Jesus today, he was in your song.   I want that to be my song.  I want Jesus to be the first thing people see when they see me.   I pray that I never allow the "world" to take away how my heart feels right now.  I pray that I stand firm always in my convictions.  Today was a great day in my Lord.  It was another reminder of how I know I can finish this journey that I am on -- I will become a ROCK star.

After a wonderful church service, lunch and special music; I was able to enjoy another of my passions, photography.  I had the opportunity to take a few pictures for a good friend of mine.  It didn't hurt that she has the cutest little girl ever!!!!  Don't' believe me?  Well have a look for yourself...



Yes, now you believe me.  Jamison is adorable!!!!  To be honest, she didn't have a chance to not be.  She is the spitting image of her mother.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy having the camera in my hand.    It is so nice to be able to give someone a lasting memory.   Wait till you see this precious family...  I will share just a few...  Jamison has a pretty cute "big" brother tooo!!!

 


Onto the diet/workout section of my journey...  I was faced with a MAJOR temptation today.  If you knew some of the ladies of our church and how much I LOVE (I mean LOVE) their cooking, you would understand.  After church today we had a delicious lunch served for our members, friends and family.  I had so many choices!  I knew if I allowed myself to eat just a little of this and a little of that, I would have been in trouble!  I ate turkey!  YES, turkey!  I even said NO to my favorite Peanut Butter cake that is famous in our church!!!  This has been said for one reason ---- It is true,  ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST!!!  :)

I can not wait to get back in the gym tomorrow!  I do not have a session with Stephanie but will push myself for tomorrow is my last chance workout before weigh in on Tuesday. 

Through this journey, my faith has become a constant in my life.  I have faith in my ability to see this through, as LONG as I keep Jesus as my focal point.  Your prayers and love through this will always be welcomed. 

Mr. blog, that is all for tonight...  Until tomorrow...

1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Peanut Butter Cake? OK, I'm praying for you and God is answering, so you must pray for me. If you can resist PBC, that must be God. I'm ashamed that I posted about the crustless apple pie and ice cream that Don made tonight and I ate it. He loves to cook and with his heart condition, it's about the only thing he can do that he loves so (besides preaching), so, it's really hard for me to take that away from him. Pray that God will give him a desire to cook healthier. He needs to eat healthy, too.