BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Girfriends Christmas

Was at the gym this morning by 9:30 -- It was awesome to be at the gym and done by 10:30.  I could get use to that!  I'm on vacation this week and have decided that I could also get use to that!  :)  Had a great deal of running around to do after the gym so was out and about until around 1.  From there Todd was a big help getting things ready for our "Girlfriend's Christmas" at my house.  Each year we have a night for just the young ladies of our church usually ages 18 to 40 (with our Marsha - young adults Sunday School teacher included) Opening my house up for this event every year is always a blessing.  I'm thrilled to share my home with such great girls.  The older I am getting the more I understand how important friendship is.





We opened the evening up with a grab bag game.  Before everyone got here, I asked Logan to go through our house and pick 20 things and place them in the bag.  He was very creative in his choices.   Every one of us picked one item without looking and had to tell why or how we were like the item.  Imagine the excitement as one by one we picked the following...  perfume, measuring cup, old cell phone, wet wipes, remote control, candle, highlighter, dog leash, clothes hanger! 










All of the answers were awesome and creative.  My favorite was for the remote control.  The young lady who chose the remote said that she was MOST like the remote because it would control different things -- a VCR, DVD, fast forward, pause, play - that is how she is - she is a mother, daughter, friend, sister.  I so agree with what she said, I will add, it is hard control everything - isn't it awesome that God will control our remote, if we allow Him. 





The next thing we did was a Christmas Trivia (Thanks Lavon).  It was so fun to see the different answers as well as those that were missed!  It was a lot of fun and really interesting to watch everyone interact with the answers chosen.  









We had a great amount of food, and fun -- I'm so blessed by a strong group of Sisters in Christ.   There were only 9 of us that were able to attend; I know that there is a reason for us to be a smaller group this year - - God moved tonight during our time together.  I was over whelmed by the amount of sharing and love for one another that was showed.    God never ceases to amaze me!







No, we did not spike the punch!!! 
Although Lisa and Christina did not participate in our funny face picture -- I know deep down they wish they had!  :) 

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks from the bottom of my heart Stacie/Todd/& Logan for opening your home for us gurls to get together. I love sharing such precious moments with the gurls its such a touching moment...and the spirit flows so freely its to awesome..Im so grateful for my new sisters in Christ..our moments together are a blessing to me and mine..Thank you for who you are and what you do...Love & Prayers, Wendy