BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A baby changes everything!!!

What a day...  Christmas Eve was amazing.  Outreach/Puppet show was cancelled due to the weather... (bummer) but the day was great!  Todd, Logan and I ran around for an hour or so and then came home to get things ready to take to mom and dad's this afternoon.  While at mom and dad's we opened the door to realize that is was SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really snowing!  In Texas, snow on Christmas, only a GOD thing!  :)  After all the gifts were opened, Paw Pa received the award for best present -- Logan's first bb gun.  Logan said "I'm really a big boy now" -- does he have to remind me? 





After days like today,
I'm reminded how
truly blessed we are!

For Christmas Dinner mom and decided to do steaks/chicken on the grill in honor of my journey :)  -- with the weather so awesome; George, my George Foreman grill that is, came to the rescue!   Dinner was wonderful and I was able to stay within my calories.  Mom made a sugar free/fat free cheese cake and a choc pie.  The cheese cake was very good and although I'm not sure of the exact calories; however I did have a piece and still feel very confident that I will be okay during weigh in -- yea, go me!!! 

Before closing tonight's blog, I really would like to share with you a portion of my daily devotion from today - it was very appropriate and I loved it!  After all ~ A BABY REALLY DOES CHANGE EVERYTHING!








VERSE:  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.  Luke 2:14


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


QUOTE

Love came down on Christmas Day so many years ago and brought the greatest happiness the world would ever know. Peace came down on Christmas Day to fill the hearts of men with all the sweet tranquility each Christmas brings again. Joy came down on Christmas Day as angels came to earth heralding the miracle of our Messiah’s birth.


Author Unknown


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY THOUGHT

A mentally disturbed king. A powerful conqueror. A tumultuous engagement. A new marriage. A pregnancy that generated whispers and rumors. An arduous journey. The wrong setting to deliver a child.

But a baby is born, and this Baby changes everything. Angels sing. Shepherds and wise men worship. A mother’s prayer of praise is heard throughout generations.

No matter what circumstances surround you this Christmas, never forget. A Baby changes everything.

I praise You, Heavenly Father, for the gift of a Baby. Amen.

0 comments: