BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Being Real is Difficult!!! (thanks Lavon)

I will start with it was a GREAT night in the gym - - and an even better night with friends.  I really felt the burn and am sure tomorrow will be even worst -- but it is a great feeling to know that I'm working towards a GOAL....    or shall I be brave enough to say I am achieving my goal!

I am not cheating tonight ---- I am not copying tonight -- I am sharing a blog from a very special lady that moved my heart and touched my soul tonight...  As I was thinking of how to put into words what my heart was saying to me- - I decided to read her blog and the words were perfect - - -  If you are a blog follower - you will NOT go wrong reading this blog: 




To read the entire or follow this blog -- you can click ------->  Bakers Blessings

Tuesday, December 29, 2009



"Being real is difficult"


"from The Path Beyond the Gate by Ann Smith...





"I wanted to be strong for Nathan's sake. I wanted to be there for Nathan. But a part of me was thinking, We've been working all these years at being real with each other. Do we start playing games now?"






Ann Smith lists three blessings received from "being real." You'll have to read the book to find out what they are, but I will quote her one more time from this entry about being real, because it's so good.






"It's not our failures and our mistakes and our struggles that hinder the work of the Kingdom; it's pretending we don't have any. That's what hinders us. We need to be saying to people, 'Yes, life is both pain and joy, but there is someone who walks with you in the good times, the bad times, the in-between blah times. There is someone who walks with me and helps me in this journey.'"






I'm thinking circus again because I go from not being real enough to being TOO real, which can very easily turn into drama. We don't need drama; I want to be me, but I also want to be the "new" me in Christ. I want my life to reflect peace and the faith and trust that I have in God in the middle of good times and tough times. But to say that I didn't have a moment of hands shaking, heart pounding (mine), and a few tears recently when Don needed nitro, well, that would not be real. I am happy to report, with all honesty, however, that God gave me perfect calm in the middle of the "excitement." That, too, was real. I know that I can be real and God can use that, because He is real IN me.

1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

You're welcome, Stacie. I'm thrilled that you were encouraged. Hope and pray others will be, too. "The Path Beyond the Gate" is an amazing book.