BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

OH Happy day!!!! My Happy day!

Oh happy day



Oh happy day


Oh happy happy day;


Oh happy day When Jesus washed


Oh when he washed


When Jesus washed


He washed my sins away!


Oh happy day


Oh happy day


Oh happy day


Oh happy day


When Jesus washed


Oh when he washed


When Jesus washed


He washed my sins away!


Oh happy day


Oh happy day

I bet you are singing that song right now -- I know - you are singing and smiling also.  How can you hear those words and not feel the happiness that only Jesus can bring.  This happy day started with a bang and didn't end until just a few minutes ago.  I still have a lot that I have to do before the ladies ornament exchange tomorrow night so tonight's blog will be short. 

Church service this morning and tonight were awesome.  Both were so tightly centered around Jesus and Christmas.  Bro. Dennis really wanted us to understand that Christmas isn't about complaining about who is saying Christmas or Holiday's or xMas.  It is about what /how we celebrate Christmas.  It is about what we as Christians are doing to bring Jesus to others.  During his morning service he ask us several times, "what is your Christmas story?"  That really got me thinking.  What is my Christmas story?  How am I different from the others?  What am I doing different to show my Christmas story?  I just love a message that keeps me thinking throughout the day/week about what I should be doing different.  The evening message by Bro. Joe was Go BIG.  God went BIG when he gave us Jesus.  Why do we not GO BIG for Jesus.  It was all about how even from the beginning of creation God went big for us.    Wow - think about that for a moment.  His catch phrase was ... Christmas 365 -- We need to have Christmas 365 days a year - 7 days a week - 24 hours a day.  Christmas is about Jesus - that deserves more than one day.

In between Church service we attended the Children's church Christmas party.  It was a lot of fun and seeing the kids talk and know that Christmas is about Jesus and not Santa warms my heart.  Yes, we do Santa in our home; however, Logan can tell you that Christmas is NOT about Santa but about the wonderful gift that was given to us, Jesus.  I do not see anything wrong with the family traditions that one might have as long as the foundation is planted on the ROCK of Jesus Christ. 

After church we had a small surprise party for one of our friends.  Needless to say - it was a full and happy day!

Please pray that I will not lose my way during this busy season.   I've not been in the gym since Thursday; however, the food choices have stayed on target.   Although today was non-stop and spent away from home; I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is going to continue until after Christmas.  Tomorrow is our Ladies Ornament Exchange in which I'm helping host (NO, I do not have all of my things together....)  so I'm not sure I will make it into the gym again.  :( 

I would like to report that I think I might be over my pity-party.    Until tomorrow...


0 comments: