BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus

Logan has been wanting the RIDE game for his wii.  We have told him over and over he wasn't old enough for the game.  He was so excited!   
  

I would also like to introduce
 the newest member of our family... 
Mr. Squiggles.  Todd and I searched and searched and my sweet amazing cousin, Billy out of the blue ask if we found one and said he had an extra zhu zhu, do you want to buy it from  me.   Well YES!!!!!   Logan has already purchased the play set, house and all the accessories in his head!!!!  I don't think this Christmas present is done --- I see more "things" in Mr. Squiggles life.




... Thank you Jesus for giving us another Christmas with my grandpa.  It was an amazing day.    We went to Greenville with mom and dad to spend the afternoon with my grand-parents.  We found out in June that my grand-father had bladder cancer.  In August we was care flighted to Baylor from the Greenville hospital and spent several days in ICU where we were told he was a very lucky man.  The doctor told mother and I that if my grand-father had not had such a strong heart he would have lost him on the operating table.  With that being said... that experience made this Christmas so special with him.  He is still battling cancer and it is a struggle everyday; but Jesus is a mighty savior and one way or the other on earth or in heaven, I know my grandpa will be HEALED!

Just a few of my favorite pictures from the day...












Again, I have decided to close with a devotional thought... 


A Classic Devotional from Henry Van Dyke


The day of joy returns, Father in Heaven, and crowns another year with peace and good will. Help us rightly to remember the birth of Jesus, that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and the worship of the wisemen.

Close the doors of hate and open the doors of love all over the world. Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil, by the blessing that Christ brings, and teach us to be merry with clean hearts. May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children, and the Christmas evening bring us to our bed with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus’ sake. Amen.

Lord, this Christmas, please let Your kingdom come in me and make me more like You. Amen.

1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Love the pictures of your Grandpa. He still has a sparkle in his eyes.