BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Journey Begins...

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." — W. W. Ziege


Okay –– WoW, I really don't' even know where to start. Or to be honest, why I've started this blog. -- with a introduction like that, I bet you can't wait to read more...


Okay... maybe a little history lesson first. (short version)



1997: Married the man of my dreams in 97, also known as Todd. Also gained an 8 year old son, Randy, that I couldn't love more if he were my own.







1998 to 2003: Infertility treatments (no success.)


2003: Joined Liberty Baptist Church (you will come to learn how important my relationship with Jesus really is.) Also gained a brand new family that I LOVE!


2003: Adopted the love of my life, also know as Logan or Lolo. -- Was in delivery room... Such a gift from God.



2004: Todd became very sick.


2005: Todd had brain surgery, changed our world as we knew it!!!!


2005 to 2008: Very long years of struggling with this illness left a husband I didn't know (surgery changed so many things about how he looks at the world and his characteristics) and 1 income... need I say -- FUN STUFF!!!!! THE ONLY WAY WE MOVED FROM THIS CRAZINESS IS BY THE GRACE OF OUR LORD!!!!


2006: Randy graduated !!!!



2008: Randy brought this amazing young lady into our life, Risa. She soon became our daughter - in - law.






2008: Commitment to gain my life back. First step was to dig deeper into the word of God and finally be able to leave my pains with him.


2009: We are going to be grandparents -- WHAT -- I'm tooooo young. :) (but can't wait)  Aydin Grace will arrive in November!  This will be the month I become a GoGo!!!





2009: Todd and I started teaching a college/career Sunday School class.




Feel like you know me yet????? There is so much more that I could write about -- but I want to focus on the journey.... (as many of my friends tell me ... sometimes I'm a little wordy!!!)


It seems through all of our storms, we forget to dance in the rain. I had lost touch of reality and what "true" happiness really was, I was looking in all the wrong places – a career, marriage, friends, family and circumstances (those that know me, know how much I love this word) I want to invite each of you to take this journey with me… my journey --- MY JOURNEY TO BECOMING A ROCK STAR!!! Coming up with a name for this blog was really a stretch for me -- but... I can't imagine it being called anything else. I am always saying - YOU ROCK or... you are a rock star!!! I think about the word ROCK... The first thing that comes to mind is... JESUS IS THE ROCK. So yea, I want to be a JESUS STAR!


Psalm 18:46   The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.


"Attitude—it's the control center for your life; it will determine how high you will go or how low you will stay." — Dr. Creflo Dollar So... here is where I continue my journey.... I've decided I'm taking my life back – my life, and my health – not the life I had planned but the one I've now allowed God to interrupt – is it going to be easy ???? Well, of course NOT.... I will promise you that I will always be very honest with my blogs.


I will commit to 3 very major parts of this journey:
  1. My Walk with the Lord - (already on target with daily readings and always being in a bible study) I'm amazed at how just this one things has changed the way I look at the storms in my life!!! However -- I know that there is always room for improvement here.
  2. Diet - From infertility to Todd's illness, I have gained let's just say way to much. I've always struggled with my weight; however, am at my all time high... I have started a balanced meal plan and with the help of a great lady named Sally -- I will get there...
  3. Exercise - Starting Tuesday, 10/20, I will begin to train. I'm looking forward to gaining knowledge and insight from my trainer, Stephanie. I will train with her 2 days a week and the rest will be on me.




On a side note, I will:


** Pick up the bible everyday – if even for a few verses --- each day I will spend time with my Lord reading his word – maybe I should start with reading Proverbs 31 each morning. Todd would like that! :) Will NOT compromise on my beliefs; be Stacie, the same Stacie @ work, home, church, in my community and with family /friends. I always try but you know sometimes that world just slips in there when I let my guard down. Live by the verse... Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.




**I will attend weekly session with both Sally and Stephanie.


**I will blog everyday for the next 90 days -- I will be honest and open with everything I write. There may be days when I just say --- was hard to get out of bed this morning, my legs are jello --- but everyday for the next 90 days -- there will be some type of blog.






I would also like to include that there isn't a day that goes by where I do not think of Abby and the daily struggles that she goes through!!! You go girl! You were a star in high school and more important you were and are a wonderful person; beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.  You really are a ROCK star and I thank you for your courage, integrity, and strength to allow all of us to watch you through your journey!








So my friends – here is my invitation to you – I'm taking this very humble and exciting journey to regain my life and my health – the invitation to you is to love me and pray me through it…


Who's in?







6 comments:

Tonya Smith said...

ALL IN!!!!! :-)

I am so excited for the next chapter in your life to begin. I know it's gonna be a great one! Love ya girl, peace out & you can still trade your boots in, if you want to!

Tonya Smith said...

You got some good boots right now tho, so I think you should keep the ones you have :-)

Todd said...

That, I will have to say, is the most inspirational thing I have read outside the bible. That is an awesome blog, can't wait to read your next entry, I know it will inspire me even more.

Wendy said...

Well Stacie you are an amazing person from what lil time I have been blessed that GOD had our path's cross and it excites me for the many more..Ya have difinately been on a "Journey" and the obstacles you have conquered through the grace of GOD...Jesus is so GOOD to us how can we not love life today...Thanks for being who you are and I'm grateful for all you do, with Adult Women, your family, and yourself..You are a precious Gift from above..Peace out, You Rockstar You :)This is awesome..Thanks for sharing your life...

Melanie Bailey said...

Great job Stacie!! Very inspirational! I too have gone through lots of infertility treatments and we were blessed with Rylee through our first attempt at IVF. We've had numerous unsuccessful attempts at artifical insemination. About 3 years after having Rylee, we tried one more round of IVF and it didn't work. Those years of infertility treatment were the most stressful times in my life. I still get broken hearted when people ask me when we are having more kids or why we have an only child. I wanted more but it wasn't in God's plan for us to have more kids. Rylee is our one little gift from God and she is the light of my life!

I look forward to following your blog.

Melanie

Amy said...

Stacie, I can't wait to follow your journey as well. I am sure you will be as big an inspiration as Abby. I started on my journey to being "healthy" last December but lost my way again in March. I am still struggling to find the will power, motivation and strength to get back on track. Hopefully, following your and Abby's journeys will help me do that. Good luck and God Bless.