BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dancing in the Rain!!!




I am dancing in the rain today;  I woke up with an ugly head ache and sore throat this morning;  My first thought -- I can not get sick!!!  I can not get sick!!!  I'm in my "groove" and don't have time to stop and be sick.  I told myself it is just early morning ikkiness and once I get up and in the day - it will get better!   NOT!

It has been a long day; started my morning at the gym for cardio and weight lifting, Todd was able to go with me so he was there to spot me, I'm no where able to do that by myself yet.  ;) 

I Spent most of the day in Canton and then when the storms rolled in, I worked my way back towards good 'ole Gun Barrel. Made a few marketing stops and then headed home to be ready to meet with Stephanie at the gym.  Once I arrived at the gym, Stephanie took one look at me and said, "what's wrong?"  She could tell that I was not my normal self (what ever normal is) - we ONLY did 3/4 of my session as I honestly could not go anymore.  I left the gym MAD at myself and my body for being sick.  I do not want to lose the momentum.  I am happy that I went, as I debated on calling her and telling her I wasn't feeling well, but I went! 

Todd cooked dinner for us tonight!  It was very good.  I'm sure I don't have to tell you but it was another meal on the George!!!!  Most important -- I didn't have to cook it.  :)

As I close early tonight (sorry, the bed is calling my name), I want to leave you with one of my favorite songs, it has been on my heart all day and maybe someone else needs to read or sing the words.  


Bring the Rain - Mercy Me



I can count a million times



People asking me how I


Can praise You with all that I've gone through


The question just amazes me


Can circumstances possibly


Change who I forever am in You


Maybe since my life was changed


Long before these rainy days


It's never really ever crossed my mind


To turn my back on you, oh Lord


My only shelter from the storm


But instead I draw closer through these times


So I pray


Bring me joy, bring me peace


Bring the chance to be free


Bring me anything that brings You glory


And I know there'll be days


When this life brings me pain


But if that's what it takes to praise You


Jesus, bring the rain


I am Yours regardless of


The dark clouds that may loom above


Because You are much greater than my pain


You who made a way for me


By suffering Your destiny


So tell me what's a little rain


So I pray


Holy, holy, holy


Is the Lord God Almighty

1 comments:

Tonya Smith said...

Amen! & very well said with the Lyrics!!!!
I did need to hear them! Thank you so much for what you are allowing God to do in your life! Keep it up! Mwah....