BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

...for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

WoW, this verse played so loudly in my life today. 

Before I get to today, let me start by saying --- whew -- the Hell House, that our class went to last night, at Trinity Church in Cedar Hill was a great "reality" house.  I would never call it a Haunted House.  Now, I would to first say, we stood in line for 4 hours before getting on the hay ride, after hay ride we stood in line for another 45  minutes.  It took us about 45 minutes to go through the entire thing.  Would I do it again, YES, if going with someone lost or using for a witnessing tool.  I do not regret going.  The scenes displayed are happening everyday in homes across our nation.  Once you make your way through the scenes, you have one final scene (which brings forth a reality, for those that do not know our Lord, Jesus).  The scene is of Hell.  I will be honest, it freaked me out.  In fact, I closed my eyes and began to sing every song chorus I could think of that had the name of Jesus in it.  I can't imagine going through this house as a lost person.  Before leaving the "reality" house you come into a room in which a gentlemen finishes the night with a "real" talk.  He ask the questions, that need to be ask.  An offer of salvation is put before and I'm so happy to report that out of the 42 people that were with us, 11 came forward.  Praise God.  Now, as amazing of an evangelism tool as I believe this was, I would also like to say that I do believe that many of those that came forward did so from true adrenaline, however, a seed was planted. 

So now for my Sunday!  What a great day I had in my Lord, Jesus Christ.  I knew it would be a long day, as we had practice for our Fall Festival puppet show between church services.  After service tonight, there was a dessert bar for Pastor Appreciation.  Even with the busy day before me, I leaped out of bed knowing that today would be a good day.  As I was getting dressed for church, I had a friend text me and ask what time service started.  I was so excited to hear from her.  We had invited her and her family several times.  God is so good!!!!  I was also blessed by another guest.   If we allow ourself, it is very easy to get discouraged when serving.  Notice, I said if we allow ourself.  Over the last year, God is showing me that as long as I do HIS work and do it for HIS glory, it will be blessed beyond my wildest dreams.  I also had the opportunity to pray with two ladies.  One has just lost her husband and is searching in all the wrong places for peace, she was a visitor and I pary that I have another opportunity to speak /pray with her again.   The other lady is a servant of our Lord, and is going through a storm right now.  I can't wait to see her at the end of this storm stronger and on fire for Jesus. 

My evening ended with a fellowship to honor our pastor and his beautiful wife.  I am not sure if you relaized what I said earlier, but it was a dessert bar....  (more on this later)  Bro. Dennis and Sis. Sharon are two of the most amazing people of God.  I count my blessing to have even met them much less be able to worship and serve with them.  They were presented with the most beautiful bible I think I have ever seen.  It is dated 1847, yes 1847.  A member of our church found it at an antique shop.  It has a wood front/back panel.   What a gift!!   It will be taken in to have it bind back together but that is the ONLY thing Pastor wants to do -- and I don't blame him.  I can not believe how beautiful it was.



Onto the journey at hand... Becoming a Rock Star. 

Food:  We did have a dessert bar and I DID "sample" the yummies.  I am committed to this process and will not blow it!!!!  I will keep telling myself this over and over and over! 

Exercise:  Tuesday is the day, I keep thinking Stacie, get up and do something.  You don't have to wait on Stephanie.  But I really want to start FRESH with her.  Her plan that she designed just for me.  I know--- excuse after excuse.   Tuesday is the earliest I could get in with her -- so I will wait! 

One last thing before I say "goodnight"....


Lord Jesus, I would like to ask you to be with me as I go forward this week, please go before me and guide me.  I also want to send a special request for my friend, with whom, I had the honor of praying with this morning.  Lord, bring her through this storm and make her stronger through your power.  I love you and humble myself before you, in the name of Jesus -- Amen!

So for now, I will say Good night.  Until tomorrow, Mr. Blog!!!!




0 comments: