BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Journey to the Cross and Beyond...



Sunday... My favorite day of the week.  No, not because the gym is closed.  :) Although, I didn't know if I would be able to get out of bed by myself this morning, I knew this was still to be an amazing day! 

As I sat before our Sunday School class this morning, I couldn't help but feel such a blessing! The part that God has allowed us to play in their lives, sometimes overwhelmes me. He has entrusted Todd and I to lead an age where major decisions are being made. I know that between the age of 18 and 30, my life was a roller coaster. The bad decisions usually overlapped every good decision. I know with every fiber of my body, that God has called us to this classroom and with a heavy heart, I felt a rush of responsibility, love and dedication.  I knew my emotions were all over the place when tears flooded my eyes during our opening song during service, Blessed Assurance.  This song is one of my favorites, and it always brings me to a place of true worship. I know that I can have true worship without music, but this song touches me.

This is my story, this is my song,



praising my Savior all the day long;


this is my story, this is my song,


praising my Savior all the day long.

The sermon today was in the book of John and was all about a "Greater Love".  We can not love our Lord, without loving others!  Whew, does that mean everyone?  Does that mean I have to love those that use me, talk about me, and even harm me? 
 
In John 15:  9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
 
Two key points that shouted my name, during this service. #1 (verse 14) You are my friend, if you do what I command.  Jesus said I am a friend, if I do as he commands.  What did he command?  To love!!!  #2 (verse 17)  It does not say Love each other if you like them.  It doesn't say love those that love you.  IT SAYS LOVE EACH OTHER ~~ no exceptions!!!  Wow - that is powerful if you stop and meditate on that passage.


Todd and I were given an opportunity to attend a conference in Ft. Worth, Tx tomorrow with two of our best friends. We are attending the "Get Motivated" seminar with a dynamic speaker list. (more on this tomorrow).  On our drive into Ft. Worth today God shared a beautiful sky with us. (picture to the right) It reminded me of his awesome power. I know that once I turn it over to Him, I can let go and allow him to take over. If I know this, why is it so hard to let go and let HIM?  When you have that answer, I'm all ears!  

Church, fun drive to Ft. Worth with friends, dinner at IHOP (not a good choice for good food decisions); short workout at the gym and now blogging, the day is complete. 

Last thought of the evening...  I am so eager to get back into the gym on Tuesday with Stephanie, not excited or looking forward to the "work" but eager to continue.  This is so much harder than I thought it would be.  With that being said, how hard was it for God to send his ONLY begotten son to save us from our SIN?  How hard was it for JESUS to be nailed to the cross? 

Ta ta for now, Mr. Blog.  Until tomorrow...
 


0 comments: