BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR... A New Dedication!

What a great evening.  Our New Year's Eve started out with dinner with great friends.  From dinner we all traveled to the church for our watch party.  I can' think of any other place I would have rather been when the new year rolled in.  I will share a few pictures with you tonight. 


I have no idea what I'm laughing at but... with that game - there is NO telling!  We were playing "Imagine If..."




This was the table for the artist.  :)  They were playing "Pictionary Man"  I'm not sure what Hannah is doing to her mom....



This table was the table to watch -- "THE FARKLE TABLE"





As midnight moved closer, Bro. Dennis and Bro. Joe shared a few words with us.  Bro. Dennis talked with us about the difference between a dedication and a resolution.  He ask us to think about this year and what our Christian walk was and where we want it to be.   Bro. Joe wants to be called a JESUS FREAK!!!  Is there a greater compliment?  Once they finished, he began to ask others to share something from 2009.  Much to everyone's surprise, it was silent (an odd occurrence for our group)  -- Bro. Dennis called upon me to share.  I had so much running through my mind that I wanted to say;  I feel that God has shown me throughout this year so much.  He has shown me not only His love for me but I have learned so much about myself.  I really believe that our new bible study is going to be an amazing adventure for all of us.  I feel that God is going to open doors and windows for us to minister to ladies across our community.  I explained how awesome it feels to finally be in tune with God's will for our life.  I also expressed my love for my church.  I am blessed beyond words to be a part of Liberty.  I wanted to say so much more -- but, midnight was fast approaching and I knew that others needed to share.  As others finished sharing, Bro. Dennis closed our 2009 in prayer.  It was AWESOME!!!!  However, my little guy did not make it, as Bro. Dennis was giving closing remarks -- he fell asleep in my lap at 11:52 (he tried so hard to stay awake)





The last pictures to share are people within my church family/life that are deeply planted in my heart.  Again - I am blessed beyond words with so many amazing people in my life that I would love to mention you all!!!


Awe, Sharon Woods...  I could say so much about this lady and what she means to me.  Mrs. Sharon is the wife of our pastor.  I don't think one ever realizes what that means.  The wife of a pastor has mighty shoulders!  At times the weight (I'm sure) is unbearable!  She is an excellent teacher and someone I adore!  She was a tower of strength for me when Todd went through his surgery and illness. 

My Pastor, Dennis Woods...  I could write a book on this man!  He is probably not your typical Pastor.  HE IS A MESS!!!!!  He is a strong man of God and loves unconditionally.  His first commitment is to win souls into the Kingdom, if that means Liberty gains a member, GREAT -- if that means another church is blessed with another member --- GREAT!  It is all about being busy carrying on the Master's business. 

The picture is a little blurry, but I can't talk about special people from my church family and not mention, my Marsha.  She somewhere along the way became a very special friend and mentor.  I have been blessed with an amazing mother who I love dearly.  My mom is the greatest and there is no other person that would be able to take her place  -- Marsha is a close 2nd.  She is always there to not only encourage and love me... BUT to correct and give me the push that I need.   (her husband, Steve should be pictured with us because he is very special as well)

Tonya and Nicole.  The 3 of us are so very different and yet so much alike.  I have so much fun with these ladies and have enjoyed the growing friendship!  Funny how God will bring people together at the perfect time.  2009 was a very interesting year for all three of us with major changes for each.  Just a few of the changes we have shared with each other during 2009 were:  divorce, pregnancy, new ministries, acceptance, relocation, health, and most important a renewed faith in our Lord Jesus Christ! 


I am so excited to see where 2010 will take Todd and I.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that the journey I am on will be completed through hard work, dedication and a strong focus.  I can't close the 2009 blog without saying THANK you to Stephanie.  Stephanie is my trainer and has worked with me and pushed me into doing things that I never dreamed I would be done at this stage in the journey.   I know that when I chose a personal trainer -- I was blessed!  I tease her and say she is my Jillian --- but you know what - she is exactly what I needed!!!!!    I am here to tell you that the ONLY way to make a change is to get up and do it!!!  If you can't do it by yourself (I couldn't) -- get someone to hold your hand and help you each step of the way!  I can not wait to see where we are this time next year. 





I would like to close with a comment again on the ROCK star status that I keep throwing around.  How fun is it to say I'm going to be a ROCK star...  I would again like to assure you that my definition of ROCK star is not typical.  I will become a star for JESUS!  The ROCK that I am referring to is the ROCK of my salvation!  Psalms 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.   I will finish this journey not because of my dedication to the gym and eating right; but, through my dedication to my Lord Jesus. 

2009 was a dynamic year for my family -- I am eager and ready to see what 2010 will hold...

Until tomorrow...


 



1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

You are an encourager. 2010 is going to be awesome for you.