BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

How 'bout them boys...

I will start by saying...  God didn't just show up - - He showed off!!!  This was a great day ~ started with an early lunch with 2 of my favorite girls, Misti and Kathy.  There is just something about the ease and comfort of old friends.  From lunch we went to my church to get things ready for "Girl Power".  We continue to grow each month - today was no different.  There were 15 ladies!  I was over joyed.  We discussed Chapter 2 and 3.  Chapter 2 has everything to do with how fragile our lives really are.  It is so important to live each day so that you will not have regrets.  Chapter 3, one of my favorite chapters, was more of the CRAZY love in which God has for each of us.  My favorite quote in the ENTIRE book is...  "The irony is that while God does not need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don’t really want Him most of the time."  I mean -- really meditate on these words ~ how true are they to your life???  All in all it was a great study and I can't wait until our February meeting.  



After leaving our study, I ran home to pick up Todd and Lolo and we headed to friends house for the football game - How 'bout them boys...  I will say it was a GREAT game.  The fellowship (17 adults and just as many kids)  was really awesome as well!  I really enjoyed watching the game - I will say I especially enjoyed watching Jason and Miles play.  While both are very skilled/talented players - I believe they hold something so much more important -- CHARACTER!  I am growing excited about next week's game...  I had the biggest headache before we left -- I didn't care -- I don't think there was a person without some type of wooo hooo or cheer tonight -- even those that are not fans of football -- they were funny to watch jump in and get excited with us.

Food everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I have a goal, it was very hard to turn down the rotel dip and chips (my favorite) but I did it.  This time 6 months ago that would have NEVER happen!  Keep praying friends - I can feel your prayers!

Excited and ready to serve the Lord tomorrow and I'm prepared for an awesome worship service!   Bring it on!

Until tomorrow...

1 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

So proud of you!! Power from on high. Immersed in the Holy Spirt!