BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

Welcome to the next 90 days.  Today is the first post of the new challenge...  I don't have a lot to say today other than -- I was right the workout last night was more intense and I sure  knew it this morning.  Just additional pain leaving my body!!!

Church was great, as usual -- however very sad news from our missionary families in Haiti. What we know so far... One of our churches was destroyed, as well as the pastor's home and he is unaccounted for at this time. Communication with Francious, who is the leader of the missionary efforts in Haiti, has not been made as of yet. We believe he is okay but it sure would be nice for someone to hear from him.  Three of Francious children are in my Sunday School class, and my heart just goes out to each of them.  They are all enrolled in college here in the US.  When they graduate, they will all go back into Haiti and help their father carry on the work of our Lord.  We do know that Francious's sister and her grand baby were killed during the quake. The devastation is far worst than we are seeing on TV. This will not just effect where the quake took place, as this is the center of all activity in Haiti. The entire nation is in danger!  All supplies, food and money comes through this town. PRAY PLEASE PRAY!!!

This country is such a poor area with a great deal of evil.  However, there are many people in Haiti who have learned the name of Jesus and are true to their faith --- God is in control. It brings me to tears to know that during this tragic event, many people in Haiti were standing in the streets and praising God!  So many of us could take notice and learn from their faith.


Your prayers are so appreciated, this is so close to my heart!!!!  If you had an opportunity to talk with just one of these amazing people -- you would feel the love of Jesus!!  Thank you!

Until tomorrow...

1 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Stacie,

I looked for your blog after I heard about the horrible thing that happened in Haiti. My first thought was that of Pres-wah. I definitely cannot spell his name, but his presence is in my heart. I am praying so hard for his precious family and for the church and for all the souls there.

I know there is nothing stronger than the prayers and fellowship I felt in Liberty. I will get down on my knees and lift up Haiti and Pres-wah.