BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My first 90 day challenge - - - I DID IT!!!!




So... today was the 90th day...  I am sitting here with so many emotions running through my mind.  Some positive and very few negative... I have so many things I want to write about tonight so, forgive me if I'm random and all over the place.  (I have been told that I tend to be random, at times)






First I will start with the goals!!!



I am very sad to report that my weight and measurement goals were not met; but I'm totally accepting and excited at what success I did have.

  • Weight - wanted to lose 40 pounds in 90 days



    • Lost 36.5



  • Measurements - wanted to lose 26 in 90 days



    • Lost 24



  • Walk w/ Christ



    • I have never in my life felt this much PASSION and LOVE for my God



    • Ready to take on the Girl Power (possible name change) ministry with all of the zeal I have



    • Ready to serve my God in whatever ministry I am called



  • Blog



    • I met this challenge head on -- missed the midnight deadline a few times due to this or that -- but 90 post were made and was done before going to bed each night. (Thank you so very much to those of you who sent motivation my way - I love you more than you know)




 Top 15 things I've learned about myself and life (in no particular order)

  1. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.  Phil 4:13  (I am stronger than I gave myself credit)

  2. I learned that diets do not work...but a detailed plan, commitment and exercise will



  3. I learned it is OK to take time for yourself --- In fact -- it is smart - I have to be a priority



  4. I have a true calling for Christ



  5. I have found that true friends are few and far between



  6. I am a very determined person



  7. I can jog, jump and skip rope - (and after tonight -- I can do the spin bike)



  8. I have a trainer for LIFE, as long as she will have me  :)



  9. Eating breakfast and snacks are NECESSARY to be successful in weight loss



  10. I don't just believe in GOD -- I believe GOD



  11. I learned my family and friends are the greatest support outside of my Rock, Jesus Christ



  12. I will make it to my goal of a healthy lifestyle



  13. I have learned that others can NOT define who I am



  14. I actually enjoy being in the gym, well some times :)



  15. I learned that when I totally surrender, I can start my life fresh




So where do I go from here?  I am so glad that you ask.  I will commit to 90 more days on this amazing journey.  I have  decided to be a little more realistic with some of my goals.  :)




Goals for the next 90 days...

  • I will blog at least 3 days a week.



    • Saving Sundays - will be about my walk with Christ and anything I might be lead to write about.



    • Wacky Wednesday - Mid week report on the journey /week



    • Freaky Friday - Recap of week and status of journey



    • There could be additional post... stay tuned



  • Measurements



    • I would like to lose 10 additional inches



  • Weight



    • I would like to lose 25 additional pounds



  • I will make additional commitments after this next 90 days


I am really finding it hard to put into words how the last 90 days have changed me -- I started this blog on a whim and suggestion from a good friend.  I never dreamed it would have as much affect on me as it has.  The accountability, and outlet it has provided has been amazing.  There is something to be said for the written word.  I think my favorite part has been sharing my love for Christ with you. 


I hope you will jump in and share the next 90 days with me. 


Until tomorrow...




3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Yea!!!! I've grown accustom to reading your blog and love it! You not only did it, but you did a great job!!
CONGRATZ!!

Anonymous said...

Stacie, OMGosh, girl!!! I could never be more proud of any young lady than I am for you right now!! It's always been a blessing to see how you how grown in the LORD during the time I was seeing you 2 or 3 times a week. I was not priviledged to get in on this from the very first, because we weren't able to get our internet back until after you had started this, but just to see how GOD has used you in the mightiest of ways just knocks my socks off!! I am so proud of you and for you!! Keep up the great work and know I will keep up with you this time!! I love you, girl, and your family, too. Keep on keeping on for HIM!!

Brenda Nelson

PS Oh yea, whenever you decide to clean your closet out, please let me know, as my wardrobe is getting threadbare. Also, on a private note, keep us in your prayers as we are still battling trying to get my disability!! Again, Stacie, I love you and you and Todd both hold a very special place in our hearts!!

Anonymous said...

I Think you have done and amazing job. Keep up the great work. And just for the record some of us KNEW you could do it. We just had to make you believe in yourself. I couldn't ask for a better friend and boss. Love you always no matter how skinny you get :)

Heather